Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
He said the technology world is littered with companies whose technology was outdone by a better mousetrap, and HP will likely be another of those casualties.
Cramer said while HP CEO Meg Whitman appears to be more realistic than when she first took over at the company, he'd also heard similar turnaround efforts from the likes of Data General and Digital Equipment in the 1980s and is seeing it again with Kodak, Nokia (NOK) and Research In Motion (RIMM) today.RIM is small enough to be taken over, said Cramer, but HP is not, making its only option to wither as tablets and phones replace old-line PCs. When it comes to Apple (AAPL), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV