Cramer Quick Take: Beware, The Romney Bounce Will Be Short
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors looking for a quick profit Thursday from Mitt Romney's debate performance last night may see a quick pop in the coal, oil, defense and HMO stocks, Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com.
But don't look for those gains to be prolonged.
Cramer said there could easily be new polling data in a few days that could wipe out any short-term gains. He said the strength is the perfect time to get out of the coal stocks. While the oil stocks are cheap, the trajectory is decidedly down.Looking at the larger political picture, Cramer said he's always voted for higher stock prices, which is why he feels that Romney -- who prefers a more hands-off approach to regulation -- would likely look the other way more often and thus be better for business. Watch the full Cramer interview here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV