Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- What should investors do with the retail stocks?
Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Thursday he was surprised to see that so many of the retailers did not do better after apparel makers including PVH Corp (PVH), Ralph Lauren (RL) and VF Corp (VFC) all indicated stronger sales.
Cramer said one theory is that the stream of customers leaving JC Penney (JCP) may finally be coming to an end.But more important, any pullback in these names gives investors a chance to buy into the rally. Many investors view pullbacks as a signal that the rally is over, noted Cramer, but in reality the American consumer remains very resilient, which is why weakness needs to be bought. Watch the full Cramer interview here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV