NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Just when it looked like Sprint Nextel (S) was consigned to being the odd man out when it comes to wireless M&A, there's a report the company is mulling making a counter-bid for MetroPCS (PCS).
Bloomberg said Thursday Sprint is in the "early stages" of evaluating whether it should make a run at Dallas-based MetroPCS.
Nothing is official at this point, and both companies could not be immediately reached for comment on this story.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV