EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y., Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The September 26 " Automotive & Transportation Technology" online trade show and event hosted by GlobalSpec, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), drew more than 1,100 participants, with 93 percent of attendees reporting they are decision makers within their organizations. The free virtual conference is now available on demand to give engineers and industrial professionals easy access to educational presentations and industry-leading supplier resources from the live-day event.
GlobalSpec's "Automotive & Transportation Technology" event provided the opportunity to learn about the latest products, materials, and manufacturing solutions driving today's automobile and transportation industries. Attendees were able to participate in educational sessions led by industry experts, become familiar with the latest technologies impacting hybrid and electric vehicle development, discover new manufacturing techniques, and be among the first to learn of new software solutions for product simulation.
Industrial professionals were able to take advantage of these learning and networking opportunities from the convenience of their desktops, without having to budget for travel expenses or lose time away from the office."Our Automotive & Transportation Technology online event was a great opportunity for industrial professionals to learn about new technologies, view and download valuable content from exhibitors and engage with leading suppliers," said Donna Lewis, vice president of e-publishing and e-events for GlobalSpec. "We look forward to another successful event in 2013 and once again highlight the latest trends, technologies and innovations in the automotive and transportation industries." Speakers and topics at the event included:
- New Standards Address Counterfeit Parts, Vehicle Health – New technical standards from SAE International are helping vehicle manufacturers and operators realize great success in two critical areas. One area of concern is the current proliferation of counterfeit parts in the supply chain. The other involves vehicle health management; specifically, the development of integrated systems for monitoring all aspects of vehicle health, including structural, propulsion, and electronics. Presented by Bruce Mahone, director, Washington Operations, SAE International and David Alexander, manager, SAE Aerospace Standards Europe, SAE International
- DuPont Krytox® Performance Lubricants for the Automotive Industry – High performance lubricants from DuPont can improve vehicle quality through increased life of components and reduced noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH). These synthetic lubricants can help automotive OEMs and system suppliers to reduce costs associated with warranty claims and avoid costly alternative solutions. Find out how your system and component designs can benefit from this technology. Presented by Robert French, business development manager - Krytox® Performance Lubricants, DuPont
- Meeting Hybrid Electric Vehicle Motor Insulation Challenges – The development of hybrid electric vehicles and electric vehicles (HEV/EV) brings new challenges to automakers. This presentation focused on HEV/EV motor design; in particular, the electrical insulation system. Presented by Keith Dunnavant, technical marketing specialist, DuPont Nomex®
- Polymer Nanocomposites for the Global Automotive Industry – Technical advances in polymer nanocomposites offer new solutions for automotive engineers. For example, breakthroughs in polyolefin and polyamide nanocomposite synthesis have changed their cost/performance structure and altered market demand. Learn how polymer nanocomposites are expected to be a major growth area in coming years. Presented by Vivek Patel, senior knowledge officer (SKO), Centre for Knowledge Management of Nanoscience & Technology (CKMNT)
- Why Fuel Economy Depends on Materials – When it comes to better fuel economy, materials play a critical role. Learn why building a strategic relationship with a materials technology provider can improve the performance of many fuel saving technologies – from electric power assisted steering, turbochargers, and direct injection systems, to the motors and inverters of electric and hybrid electric vehicles. Presented by Koshi Okamoto, executive director, Corporate Business Development, Hitachi Metals America
- Connecting Rod Optimization – Learn how a prototype connecting rod, 27% lighter than the original was designed and fully validated with advanced numerical simulation and engine durability testing. Understand how significant mass reduction is possible without using exotic alloys or sacrificing component longevity. Presented by Chris Hall, mechanical engineer, MAHLE Industries, Incorporated