The FSR of A (Excellent) and ICRs of “a” have been affirmed for the following subsidiaries of XL Group plc:
- XL Re Ltd
- Indian Harbor Insurance Company
- Greenwich Insurance Company
- XL Insurance Company of New York, Inc.
- XL Insurance America, Inc.
- XL Select Insurance Company
- XL Reinsurance America Inc.
- XL Specialty Insurance Company
- XL Insurance (Bermuda) Ltd
- XL Re Latin America Ltd
- XL Insurance Company Limited
- XL Re Europe Limited
- XL Insurance Switzerland Ltd
The following debt ratings have been affirmed:
-- “bbb” on $600 million 5.25% senior unsecured notes, due 2014-- “bbb” on $350 million 6.375% senior unsecured bonds, due 2024-- “bbb” on $325 million 6.25% senior unsecured notes, due 2027-- “bbb” on $400 million 5.75% senior unsecured notes due 2021-- “bb+” on $1.0 billion Series E non-cumulative preference shares, redeemable 2017--“bb+” on $350 million Series D non-cumulative preference sharesThe following indicative ratings on shelf securities have been affirmed: XLIT Ltd.— -- “bbb” on senior unsecured-- “bbb-” on subordinated-- “bb+” on preferred stock The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Additional key criteria utilized include: “Understanding BCAR for Property/Casualty Insurers”; “Rating Members of Insurance Groups”; “Natural Catastrophe Stress Test”; “Risk Management and the Rating Process for Insurance Companies”; “Understanding Universal BCAR”; and “Insurance Holding Company and Debt Ratings.” Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology. Founded in 1899, A.M. Best Company is the world's oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com. Copyright © 2012 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV