DALLAS, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a high-side load switch that integrates a power PFET and a control NFET in a tiny 6-pin package. Offering support for the industry's widest supply voltage range at 1.0 V up to 8 V, the TPS27081A is the most flexible replacement for discrete FET switches. The load switch also offers adjustable slew-rate control so designers can implement the device in any application that requires load switching or power sequencing, including notebooks, tablets, LCD televisions, global positioning systems (GPS) and set-top boxes. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tps27081a-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPS27081A
- Better flexibility: Higher voltage range of operation for both the on/off function and input/output voltages supports wider range of applications with lower bill-of-materials cost.
- Higher reliability in the system: Supply inputs are fully protected against ESD strikes on all pins, thus providing better ESD compatibility with other on-board components than the competition.
- Ensures high efficiency: Low ON resistance with the high-current PFET ensures low voltage drop across the PMOS transistor.
- Higher Reliability: High-pulsed current rating allows reliability under short-circuit conditions, which ensures longer product lifetimes.
- Broad power switch portfolio: The TPS27081A complements TI's low ON-resistance integrated load switches, such as the TPS22965 and the TPS22929D.
Availability, packaging and pricingThe TPS27081A is available in a 2.9-mm x 1.6-mm x 0.75-mm thin SOT-23 (DDC) package. Suggested retail pricing in 1000-unit quantities is US$0.12.
Learn more about TI's Power Management portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order TPS27081A samples: www.ti.com/tps27081a-pr.
- Download the Power Management Guide.
- Engineers designing with the TPS27081A can also ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the TI E2E™ Power Management Community.
- Follow what TI power management experts have to say on our blog: The Power House Blog.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV