Cybex Promotes Women’s Fitness, Raises Funds For Breast Cancer Research In 4th Annual Pink Ribbon Run
Cybex International, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYBI), a leading manufacturer of premium exercise equipment, proudly announced that it will hold its Fourth Annual Cybex Pink Ribbon Run throughout the month of October. The initiative is designed to promote breast cancer awareness and highlight the important role exercise plays in reducing the risks associated with breast cancer.
Cybex is partnering with fitness clubs and other organizations to install special-edition pink treadmills around the country. For each mile logged on every new qualifying pink Cybex treadmill during October, Cybex will donate 10 cents to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. More than $100,000 has been raised in the first three years of the Pink Ribbon Run, with this year expected to surpass previous years. Fitness enthusiasts are embracing this initiative more than ever regionally, nationally and internationally, with new initiatives launched this year in Denmark and the U.K.
“More and more studies are illustrating how exercise can lower a woman’s breast cancer risks,” said Lisa Juris, vice president of marketing for Cybex. “We’re excited to work with our partners once again to raise awareness and funds to support women’s health and wellness through the Pink Ribbon Run this October.”
The facts regarding breast cancer are staggering:
- One out of every eight women will develop breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, after lung cancer.
- One out of 210 breast cancer cases occurs in women under the age of 40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV