IndexIQ, a leading developer of liquid index-based alternative investment solutions, is launching the newest addition to its Exchange-Traded Fund family, the IQ Hedge Market Neutral Tracker ETF (QMN), on October 4, 2012, it was announced today. QMN is designed to offer investors liquid, transparent Market Neutral hedge fund exposure.
QMN will seek to track, before fees and expenses, the performance characteristics of the IQ Hedge Market Neutral Index (IQHGMN), part of IndexIQ’s proprietary IQ Hedge family of benchmark hedge fund replication indexes. The IQ Market Neutral Index (IQHGMN) has live performance dating from September 2008.
“Market Neutral is one of the largest hedge fund investment styles, both in terms of the number of funds and in the amount of assets being put to work,” said Adam Patti, IndexIQ CEO. “After incubating the index underlying QMN for four years, we felt it was an excellent time to roll out this strategy, particularly given the volatility and uncertainty inherent in today’s market environment. As we add QMN to our fund family, IndexIQ now has ETFs for investors who want to gain liquid, transparent, low cost exposure to Market Neutral (Ticker: QMN), Global Macro (Ticker: MCRO), and Hedge Funds of Funds (Ticker: QAI). We’re very pleased to be the pioneer in yet another area of the alternative investment landscape.”
Since its founding in 2006, IndexIQ has been an innovator in the development and application of liquid alternative index-based investment strategies. IndexIQ has launched a number of first-of-their-kind products, and has emerged as the leader in the “hedge-style” ETF category by assets under management (AUM). Its IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (QAI) is the largest “hedge-style” ETF by assets. Other funds launched by IndexIQ in the alternatives space include:
- IQ Alpha Hedge Strategy Fund (IQHIX – Institutional Share Class; IQHOX – Investor Share Class), designed to be a core portfolio holding in the alternative category, and the first open-end, no-load hedge fund replication mutual fund;
- IQ Hedge Multi-Strategy Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: QAI), designed to be a core holding in the alternative category, and the first US-listed hedge fund replication Exchange-Traded Fund;
- IQ Hedge Macro Tracker ETF (NYSE Arca: MCRO), designed as an equity alternative, and the first Global Macro hedge fund replication ETF.
- IQ Merger Arbitrage ETF (NYSE Arca: MNA), designed as an equity alternative, and the first merger arbitrage ETF;
- IQ Real Return ETF (NYSE Arca: CPI), designed as a cash alternative, and the first US-listed “real return” ETF, which seeks to generate a real return above the rate of inflation as measured by changes in the Consumer Price Index;
- IQ US Real Estate Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: ROOF), the first US Real Estate Small Cap ETF;
- IQ Global Resources ETF (NYSE Arca: GRES), the first hedged global natural resources ETF;
- IQ Global Agribusiness Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CROP), the first agribusiness small cap ETF;
- IQ Global Oil Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: IOIL), the first global oil small cap ETF;
- IQ Canada Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: CNDA), the first Canada small cap ETF;
- IQ Australia Small Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: KROO), the first Australia small cap ETF; and
- IQ Emerging Markets Mid Cap ETF (NYSE Arca: EMER), the first Emerging Markets mid cap ETF.