NEW YORK, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BlackArrow, a worldwide provider of advanced advertising solutions for New Television platforms, today announced new technology which bridges the gap between traditional linear TV ad sales and ad execution on new platforms to extend premium pay-TV advertising to new screens.
At the September 2012 CableLabs® Linear and IP Ad Interop event in Louisville, CO, BlackArrow previewed a new set of services and interfaces, collectively called Linear Extensions for Dynamic Ad Insertion, which are designed to seamlessly blend the outputs from traditional linear TV ad systems with dynamic ad insertion capabilities.
Consisting of services that manage linear schedules, linear placement opportunities, ad decisioning, subscriber and zone information services, as well as services which interface with the new CableLabs Event Signaling and Messaging (ESAM) specification, the BlackArrow technology enables pay-TV operators to monetize linear TV delivered to tablets and other IP devices in a number of ways, including:
- Linear Replication, which uses linear schedule ingest and real-time dynamic ad insertion to replicate, on tablets and IP devices, the original linear TV ads; and
- Linear Addressability, which combines subscriber information from the BlackArrow Subscriber Information Service product and real-time dynamic ad insertion to deliver household-addressable linear TV advertising to any platform.
Working together with other leading vendors and leveraging ESAM and SCTE 130 standards, BlackArrow showed how the new technology interoperates seamlessly with downstream signal acquisition, encoding, packaging, and manifest proxy providers to provide an end-to-end solution for delivering and monetizing live and linear adjustable bit rate ( ABR) IP streams to multiple screens.At the Interop, the POIS component of the BlackArrow solution cross-referenced in-band signaling metadata delivered within the live TV feed against expected ad opportunities scheduled by a traditional linear ad system. This allowed encoder vendors to ensure the stream was conditioned properly for seamless ad insertion. For packager vendors, the BlackArrow system provided the necessary metadata to be encapsulated within the stream to inform the ad decision process. The SIS and ADS components of the BlackArrow solution were used to select the appropriate ad—in the Linear Replication scenario, the same ad that aired during the original TV broadcast, and in the Linear Addressability scenario, a new addressable, dynamically inserted ad.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV