GENEVA and MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, and Preventice, Inc. TM, a leading developer of mobile health solutions and remote monitoring systems, announced today that ST is providing wearable body sensor technologies to power the new BodyGuardian Remote Monitoring System (RMS)TM from Preventice. Preventice recently announced its receipt of 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the BodyGuardian RMS, allowing Preventice to market and sell BodyGuardian to hospitals and clinics for use in detecting and monitoring non-lethal cardiac arrhythmias for ambulatory patients.
ST, one of the world's largest semiconductor companies serving all sectors of the electronics industry, has made a strong commitment to expanding its expertise and innovation in sensor technology to health care and other industries."A key goal for ST is to enable our customers to quickly develop solutions that contribute to people enjoying a better quality of life; ST makes that possible through our unique ability to provide the complete breadth of products and technologies required for their applications," said Benedetto Vigna, executive vice president and general manager analog, MEMS and Sensors Group, STMicroelectronics. "The clearance from the FDA of the Preventice BodyGuardian System clearly demonstrates our expertise in helping customers develop medical-grade electronics for demanding markets." The BodyGuardian RMS uses clinical algorithms that were developed by doctors at Mayo Clinic to support remote monitoring of individuals with cardiac arrhythmias. The BodyGuardian System will allow physicians to monitor key biometrics outside of the clinical setting, while patients go about their daily lives, by providing a continuous connection between the patient and their physicians.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV