Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) today reported a 4.4 percent increase in same-store sales for the five-week period ended September 29, 2012 compared with the five-week period ended October 1, 2011. Preliminary total retail sales of $1.01 billion for September 2012 increased 7.4 percent compared with total retail sales of $943 million for the same period in fiscal 2011.
Quarter-to-date same-store sales, which reflected a shift in the timing of the Anniversary Sale event, increased 11.1 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2011. Preliminary quarter-to-date total retail sales of $1.88 billion increased 14.9 percent compared with total retail sales of $1.63 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
Year-to-date same-store sales increased 7.5 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2011. Preliminary year-to-date total retail sales of $7.33 billion increased 11.4 percent compared with total retail sales of $6.58 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
SALES RECORDINGTo hear Nordstrom’s pre-recorded September sales message, please dial 402-220-6036 beginning today at 8:40 a.m. EDT. This recording will be available for one week.
|SEPTEMBER SALES RESULTS|
(unaudited; $ in millions)
|Total Retail Sales||Same-store Sales|
|Number of stores||Sep-12||Sep-11|
|Nordstrom Rack and other||118||105|
|Gross square footage||25,113,000||24,638,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV