Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) today reported that September 2012 net sales increased 8 percent compared with last year.
Net sales for the five-week period ended September 29, 2012 were $1.45 billion compared with net sales of $1.35 billion for the five-week period ended October 1, 2011. The company’s comparable sales for September 2012 were up 6 percent compared with a 4 percent decrease for September 2011.
"In September, strong customer response to trend-right product across all brands helped us deliver continued positive performance in North America," said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Comparable sales for September 2012 were as follows:
- Gap North America: positive 5 percent versus negative 4 percent last year
- Banana Republic North America: positive 4 percent versus negative 1 percent last year
- Old Navy North America: positive 10 percent versus negative 1 percent last year
- International: negative 3 percent versus negative 13 percent last year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV