HAVERTY FURNITURE COMPANIES, INC. (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) today reported sales for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Havertys' sales for the third quarter 2012 increased 11.1% to $172.7 million, compared with $155.4 million for the third quarter of 2011. On a comparable store basis, sales for the quarter increased 10.0%. Comparable store sales do not include locations opened, closed or otherwise non-comparable during the last 12 months. Sales for the first nine months of 2012 totaled $487.8 million, compared with $452.6 million in 2011, representing an increase of 7.8%. On a comparable store basis, sales increased 7.1% for the first nine months.
Total written sales for the third quarter 2012 increased 12.5% over the same quarter last year.
|Sales in Millions (unaudited)||Total Sales % Change||Comparable Store Sales % Change|
Clarence H. Smith, president and chief executive officer, said, “We are very pleased to report our fourth consecutive quarter of increased comparable store sales. The investments in our store presentation, distinctive products, technology to better serve our customers, and effective advertising with our “discover something you” campaign are central to our competitive positioning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV