RetailMeNot.com Issues Holiday 2012 Research Paper On OctoNovemCemberâ¿¢
AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RetailMeNot.com ( www.retailmenot.com), the largest online coupon site in the United States, today released a white paper examining consumer purchasing trends and suggestions for merchant promotional offers that will drive sales and savings for the 2012 holiday shopping season.
The paper, which provides an overview of research conducted in the last year by RetailMeNot and other partners like Ipsos Public Affairs, demonstrates how a significant number of consumers, fueled by a still challenging economy, are shopping earlier for the holidays.
"Welcome to the shopping season of OctoNovemCember™, where nearly 40% of consumers begin their holiday shopping before November," said Jill Balis, senior vice president, marketing, WhaleShark Media, Inc., operator of RetailMeNot.com. "Our goal is to help early shoppers understand that RetailMeNot is a place where consumers can get Black Friday deals every day as a part of the OctoNovemCember campaign."According to research commissioned by RetailMeNot over the last year, consumers are shopping and seeking deals earlier this holiday shopping season and retailers have a significant opportunity to capture the attention and business of these deal-seeking shoppers beginning as early as October via online, in-store and mobile offers. Click here ( http://whalesharkmedia.mediaroom.com/RetailMeNot_OctoNovemCember) to access the full RetailMeNot OctoNovemCember white paper. Highlights include:
- Nearly 4 in 10 parents with children under the age of 18 (39%) are beginning their holiday shopping prior to November.
- More than 7 in 10 parents in the same group (71%) still have a dismal view of the economy, and 1 in 4 worry about being able to make all the necessary purchases in the coming months.
- We believe increased search traffic for RetailMeNot demonstrates that deal-seeking behaviors have become more of the norm within the consumer purchase cycle.
- In 2011, consumers using RetailMeNot.com reported saving more on Thanksgiving than they did on Black Friday.
- In a recent study of 1,600 RetailMeNot newsletter subscribers, more than 90% said that they are more likely to make a purchase when a coupon or deal is available. Additionally, a December 2011 survey from RetailMeNot and Ipsos Public Affairs, which studied the behaviors of the general population, showed nearly half (47%) of adults surveyed reported that they had used a printable coupon in-store or a promotion code on-line when making purchases during their holiday shopping.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV