- Nearly 4 in 10 parents with children under the age of 18 (39%) are beginning their holiday shopping prior to November.
- More than 7 in 10 parents in the same group (71%) still have a dismal view of the economy, and 1 in 4 worry about being able to make all the necessary purchases in the coming months.
- We believe increased search traffic for RetailMeNot demonstrates that deal-seeking behaviors have become more of the norm within the consumer purchase cycle.
- In 2011, consumers using RetailMeNot.com reported saving more on Thanksgiving than they did on Black Friday.
- In a recent study of 1,600 RetailMeNot newsletter subscribers, more than 90% said that they are more likely to make a purchase when a coupon or deal is available. Additionally, a December 2011 survey from RetailMeNot and Ipsos Public Affairs, which studied the behaviors of the general population, showed nearly half (47%) of adults surveyed reported that they had used a printable coupon in-store or a promotion code on-line when making purchases during their holiday shopping.
RetailMeNot.com Issues Holiday 2012 Research Paper On OctoNovemCember™
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts