About The Damage To The Chinese Manufacturing Sites Of The Panasonic Group (2nd Report)
The damage to the Panasonic Corporation (NYSE:PC)(TOKYO:6752)("Panasonic") group manufacturing sites caused by the anti-Japan demonstrators in China in September is as detailed below.
1. Injury to personnel
There were no injuries to personnel.
2. Damage to buildings and equipment, and negative impact on production(1) Industrial Devices Company, Qingdao factory (manufacturing electronic components such as switches) There was damage to the building, equipment, etc. The operations excluding certain products at the factory have restarted. We expect to restart the full production in the middle of October. (2) Industrial Devices Company, Suzhou factory (manufacturing printed-circuit board materials and printed-circuit boards) Despite some damage to the building, equipment, etc., there was no major damage to production equipment. The operations at the factory restarted from September 21. (3) Systems & Communications Company, Zhuhai factory (manufacturing fixed-line phone) The factory had stopped operation and employees had stayed at home, since approximately 10 Chinese employees made a protest. The most of operations at the factory restarted from September 25. 3. Forecast of effect by the damage to our business performances There shall be no effect associated to property damage on the consolidated financial outlook of Panasonic for fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV