The damage to the Panasonic Corporation (NYSE:PC)(TOKYO:6752)("Panasonic") group manufacturing sites caused by the anti-Japan demonstrators in China in September is as detailed below.
1. Injury to personnel
There were no injuries to personnel.
2. Damage to buildings and equipment, and negative impact on production
(1) Industrial Devices Company, Qingdao factory (manufacturing electronic components such as switches)
There was damage to the building, equipment, etc. The operations excluding certain products at the factory have restarted. We expect to restart the full production in the middle of October.
(2) Industrial Devices Company, Suzhou factory (manufacturing printed-circuit board materials and printed-circuit boards)
Despite some damage to the building, equipment, etc., there was no major damage to production equipment. The operations at the factory restarted from September 21.
(3) Systems & Communications Company, Zhuhai factory (manufacturing fixed-line phone)
The factory had stopped operation and employees had stayed at home, since approximately 10 Chinese employees made a protest. The most of operations at the factory restarted from September 25.
3. Forecast of effect by the damage to our business performances
There shall be no effect associated to property damage on the consolidated financial outlook of Panasonic for fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.