From a fundamental perspective, the stock is trading considerably below its book value at $6 per share. But the challenge for management is to find a way to inspire investors to believe that this can indeed become a good turnaround story.
First, it needs to put together a couple of solid quarters in a row. The company is working hard to get its house in order.
I think if investors look closely enough, they will find that Atmel is certainly a name that is worth consideration, particularly at such low valuations.
At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL and held no position in any of the other stocks mentioned.Follow @rsaintvilus This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV