Walt Disney (DIS): "With gasoline going down, Disney remains a buy. "
Am I Diversified?
In the "Am I Diversified?" segment, Cramer spoke with callers and responded to tweets sent via Twitter to @JimCramer to see if investors' portfolios have what it takes for today's markets.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer said he doesn't care what Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) CEO Meg Whitman has to say at the company's analyst day. The company is no longer relevant and it is a value trap for investors. Cramer said the only move that would make sense would be for HP to merge with Dell (DELL) and take the excess capacity out of the PC market. But with that scenario very unlikely to happen, the best one could hope would be a spin-off of HP's PC business, as IBM (IBM) did years ago after it realized it was offering no added value to consumers. Cramer said the problem with this scenario is HP wouldn't be left with a lot, only printers and consulting, and in the latter it pales by comparison to the likes of SAP (SAP) or Acenture (ACN). Without a tablet of a smartphone in its ecosystem, HP will slowly be pushed out of the enterprise, said Cramer. That notion may sound farfetched today, he concluded, but the funny thing about younger people is they get older and eventually replace those of the previous generation. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV