Chic Retreat Through the fall of 2012, Hotel de Point introductory rates start at $139 per night. The property is housed in a century-old building, originally a factory owned and operated by the inventor of the shower cap. A major renovation has transformed this space into a contemporary multi-use complex, home to the hotel as well as to the new Shops de Point, featuring upscale shops, restaurants, nightlife, spa, pool, fitness center, conference facility and more. From the complex's rooftop bar/cafe, guests take in spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and watch planes arriving and departing from LaGuardia.
Hotel de Point offers a respite from hectic travel with a soothing, contemporary design by Mr. Chan. Stepping into the lobby, guests find a neutral color palette of creams, browns and white, all bathed in the glow of soft LED lighting. Cream-colored Italian marble floors are offset by white textured walls with a wave-like pattern. A 20-foot Italian marble reception desk sits at one end of the lobby. It faces a custom-designed art wall with ultra-modern fireplace composed of glass rocks.
The lobby's striking design is nature-inspired. The ceiling, for example, features a unique, architecturally designed lighting element in sky-blue embellished with tiny circles, like raindrops, recalling a fresh rainfall on a bright summer day. There's a handcrafted central garden. Cushy white leather sofas invite guests to relax and hang out. The couches are backed by a "living wall" with slender cutouts, each holding a small vase and fresh flower with soft LED spotlight for dramatic effect. Complementing the look, lobby music features light jazz, with the gentle sounds of a waterfall playing between tracks.
"Every detail is carefully conceived to promote a sense of serenity," Reyes explains. "Even the lobby scent – Bamboo Green – is fresh, welcoming and one-of-a-kind."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV