The U.S. Army Mission and Installation Contracting Command has awarded ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) a $43 million contract to provide logistics support services at Fort Rucker, Ala.
The cost-plus and firm-fixed-price contract includes the base year plus two, one-year option periods, and one, six-month option. The work, which will be performed through the Fort Rucker Logistics Readiness Center, includes maintenance operations, supply services, and transportation.
“We are very pleased to be selected as the logistics provider for the Army’s Aviation Center of Excellence,” said Ken Hunzeker, president of the Mission Systems division of ITT Exelis. “We look forward to providing this critical mission support to the Fort Rucker community.”
Exelis provides similar services at other U.S. military locations in the U.S. and overseas.About ITT Exelis ITT Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense and information solutions company with strong positions in enduring and emerging global markets. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. The company has a 50-year legacy of innovation and technology expertise, partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 20,500 people and generated 2011 sales of $5.8 billion. www.exelis.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV