American Tower Corporation (NYSE: AMT) today released information about its business in light of T-Mobile USA’s contemplated combination with MetroPCS, which is subject to regulatory approval. For the quarter ended June 30, 2012, T-Mobile and MetroPCS accounted for approximately 7% and 2%, respectively, of American Tower's consolidated operating revenues. American Tower currently has separate leases for antenna space with T-Mobile and MetroPCS on the same site at approximately 1,000 communications sites owned or operated by American Tower. The combined revenue generated from T-Mobile and MetroPCS on these sites represented approximately 1% of American Tower's consolidated operating revenues for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. The average remaining current term on the long-term lease arrangements on these sites with T-Mobile and MetroPCS is approximately nine years.
American Tower is a leading independent global owner, operator and developer of wireless communications sites. American Tower currently owns and operates over 49,000 communications sites in the United States, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ghana, India, Mexico, Peru, South Africa and Uganda. For more information about American Tower, please visit www.americantower.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV