American Tower Corporation (NYSE: AMT) today released information about its business in light of T-Mobile USA’s contemplated combination with MetroPCS, which is subject to regulatory approval. For the quarter ended June 30, 2012, T-Mobile and MetroPCS accounted for approximately 7% and 2%, respectively, of American Tower's consolidated operating revenues. American Tower currently has separate leases for antenna space with T-Mobile and MetroPCS on the same site at approximately 1,000 communications sites owned or operated by American Tower. The combined revenue generated from T-Mobile and MetroPCS on these sites represented approximately 1% of American Tower's consolidated operating revenues for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. The average remaining current term on the long-term lease arrangements on these sites with T-Mobile and MetroPCS is approximately nine years.
American Tower is a leading independent global owner, operator and developer of wireless communications sites. American Tower currently owns and operates over 49,000 communications sites in the United States, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ghana, India, Mexico, Peru, South Africa and Uganda. For more information about American Tower, please visit www.americantower.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV