3. Shaquille O'Neal
Retired All-Star NBA player Shaquille O'Neal owns 19 Auntie Anne's through his investor group, The O'Neal Franchise Group.
The group teamed with Milwaukee-based V&J in 2007, owned by longtime multi-unit franchisee Valerie Daniels-Carter, to form the VJ & O'Neal Enterprises Group for the primary purpose of owning and operating the Auntie Anne's stores.According to Auntie Anne's, Shaq is only an investor in the franchises. He does not do any marketing or promotions for the pretzel brand. Besides, Shaq is quite a businessman. The O'Neal Franchise Group is a subsidiary of The O'Neal Group, a commercial real estate venture Shaq formed in 2006. According to the company's Web site, it seeks to "acquire, develop and promote landmark real estate offerings that provide integrated lifestyle opportunities and/or improve the economy for previously underserved, underperforming areas."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV