This is "urgent action on climate"? If you say so, Mr. Gore.
If Generation Investment is a bit gun-shy on alternative energy, perhaps it is because of its catastrophic brush with First Solar.
SunTech has lost 82% of its value over the last year. Others in the Chinese solar panel business are not faring much better. Meyer Burger, a German solar company, lost 49.6% of its value over the last year. EcoSynthetix transforms "renewable resources into high performance biomaterials that replace petroleum based chemicals." What it does not do is convert investors into winners. Its stock has fallen about 60% since its initial public offering last summer. Landi Renzo helps convert cars from gasoline to natural gas. Its stock is down 25% over its one-year high.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV