HOUSTON, Oct. 3, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY) announced today that Wayne Shurts has joined the company in the newly created role of Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer.
"Given the increasing technology-enabled opportunities in the foodservice distribution industry, we are very pleased that Wayne Shurts has joined the Sysco team," said Manny Fernandez, Sysco Executive Chairman. "Wayne's depth of experience and expertise in the deployment of technology for business transformational purposes will help us better serve our customers, leverage our technology investments and grow our market share."
Prior to joining Sysco, Shurts was executive vice president and chief information officer at SUPERVALU Inc., the grocery and supply-chain company. Previously, Shurts was the global chief information officer at Cadbury PLC (formerly Cadbury Schweppes) and held positions of increased technology responsibility at Nabisco.About Sysco Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. The company operates 177 distribution facilities serving approximately 400,000 customers. For the fiscal year 2012 that ended June 30, 2012, the company generated record sales of more than $42 billion. For more information about Sysco, visit the company's Internet home page at http://www.sysco.com and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/SyscoCorporation . The Sysco Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=747
CONTACT: Charley Wilson Vice President, Corporate Communications T: 281-584-2423
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV