Citi Holdings is the subsidiary holding the assets that Citigroup has placed in runoff mode, as part of CEO Vikram Pandit's long-term "good bank/bad bank" strategy to right-size the company's balance sheet.
Konrad said it was "understandable for investors to want to take gains in stocks given uncertainty this fall with elections, fiscal cliff, and European economy," but Konrad sees greater upside for Citigroup, as
Citigroup's long-term shareholders are eager to see the company begin deploying excess capital. Following the Federal Reserve's annual round of large-bank stress tests during the first quarter of 2013, Konrad expects the company to be approved to raise its quarterly dividend from a penny a share to 25 cents, and also to buy back "approximately $4.5 billion" worth of common shares.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV