DALLAS, Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Television Company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) announced today that WFAA-TV, its ABC-affiliated station in Dallas/Fort Worth, was honored with a National News & Documentary Emmy® Award by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences at a ceremony held Monday night in New York. WFAA was one of only two local television stations honored at the 33 rd annual event. The award was accepted by Eric Valadez, a WFAA producer, and Art MacLaren, WFAA's chief director of the 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. newscasts.
WFAA's winning piece, A Day of Weather, featured continuing coverage of a serious storm that inundated Dallas/Fort Worth in September 2010. The story started mid-morning with an intense thunderstorm in Arlington, Texas, and ended early-evening with live coverage of a tornado passing just southwest of downtown Dallas which WFAA captured live.
"We are always most proud when we are recognized by our peers," said Peter L. Diaz, Belo's president/Media Operations. "This award honors the effort of an entire station and its commitment to providing the community with vital severe weather information."About Belo Corp. Television company Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) owns and operates 20 television stations (nine in the top 25 markets) and their associated websites. Belo stations, which include affiliations with ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and the CW, reach more than 14 percent of U.S. television households in 15 highly-attractive markets. Belo stations rank first or second in nearly all of their local markets. Additional information is available at www.belo.com or by contacting Paul Fry, vice president/Investor Relations & Treasury Operations, at 214-977-4465. SOURCE Belo Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV