The Board of Directors of The Gabelli Equity Trust Inc. (NYSE: GAB) (the “Fund”) is pleased to announce the completion of an offering of 4.2 million shares of 5.00% Series H Cumulative Preferred Stock (the “Series H Preferred”) valued at $105 million.
The Series H Preferred is rated “AAA” by Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services. The Series H Preferred is perpetual, non-callable for five years, and was issued at $25 per share. Distributions are scheduled to be paid quarterly beginning on December 26, 2012.
Shares of the Series H Preferred began trading on the New York Stock Exchange today under the symbol “GAB Pr H”.
The Gabelli Equity Trust Inc. is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company with $1.4 billion in net assets whose primary investment objective is to achieve long-term growth of capital by investing primarily in a portfolio of equity securities consisting of common stock, preferred stock, convertible or exchangeable securities, and warrants and rights to purchase such securities. Income is a secondary investment objective. The Fund is managed by Gabelli Funds, LLC, a subsidiary of GAMCO Investors, Inc. (NYSE: GBL), which is a publicly traded NYSE listed company.This press release is not an offering, which can only be made by a prospectus. Investors should consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. The prospectus supplement and related base prospectus relating to the Series H Preferred contain this and additional information about The Gabelli Equity Trust Inc. and the Series H Preferred, and should be read carefully before investing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV