MCLEAN, Va., Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bascom Research, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lexington Technology Group, Inc., filed patent infringement lawsuits today against five social and business networking companies, including Facebook, Inc. and LinkedIn Corp., in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. At issue are several patents that are instrumental to social and business networking technology.
"We strongly believe that Facebook, LinkedIn and the other defendants are infringing our patents," says Lexington Technology Group CEO Will Rosellini . "Our pioneering technology was patented as early as 2001—long before the advent of Facebook, LinkedIn and other social and business networks—and covers key aspects of online collaboration and relationship linking."
Earlier this week, Document Security Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: DSS), a leader in anti-counterfeit, authentication, and mass–serialization technologies, announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to merge with Lexington Technology Group. The merger is expected to become final in the first quarter of 2013, at which point Bascom Research will become a subsidiary of DSS. More information can be found at www.lex-tg.com.
Document Security Systems and Lexington Technology Group, Inc. will host a conference call on Thursday, October 4 at 4:00 PM to discuss the merger.
- Time: 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Date: Thursday, October 4th, 2012
- Investor Dial In (Toll Free): 877-407-9205
- Investor Dial In (International): 201-689-8054
- Live Webcast URL: : http://www.investorcalendar.com/IC/CEPage.asp?ID=169854
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV