Pepco today issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for wholesale electric power supplies to meet its Standard Offer Service (SOS) obligation in the District of Columbia. Pepco provides market-based supply service to its electric customers who do not choose to receive service from competing retail suppliers.
The RFP is being issued as required by the District Public Service Commission, which oversees Pepco’s procurement and delivery of electricity under the Standard Offer Service provisions.
The RFP is the first step in a multi-phase bidding process that begins this month and concludes with the posting of retail rates on or before March 14, 2013. Suppliers will be bidding for supply service contracts to begin on June 1, 2013. Pepco is requesting proposals to supply a total of approximately 360 megawatts (MW). Peak load contributions by customer type include approximately 170 MW for residential customers, 10 MW for small commercial customers, and 180 MW for large commercial customers. The contracts awarded for the 170 MW in residential load and 10 MW in small commercial load are for three years and those for 180 MW in large commercial load will be for one year.
A pre-bid conference for prospective bidders will be held later this month. During the conference, Pepco’s RFP managers will review the RFP structure and process, the bid plan and the power supply contract that will be awarded to winning bidders.Additional details regarding the RFP or the pre-bid conference can be found online at www.pepco.com/dcrfp. Information about the pre-bid conference will be added as it becomes available. Pepco, a subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POM), delivers safe, reliable and affordable electric service to more than 788,000 customers in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV