Job Satisfaction Wanes, But SHRM Survey Shows Majority Of U.S. Employees Satisfied
The annual job satisfaction survey also examined employee engagement — how connected or committed employees are to their organization. It found that, on average, employees were only moderately engaged.
More than seven out of 10 employees were satisfied with their relationships with co-workers, opportunities to use their skills, the contribution of their work to the employer's business goals, and their relationship with their immediate supervisor.
But less than 50 percent of employees were satisfied with their career development.
The survey also found:
- Seventy-one percent of employees frequently felt they were putting all their effort into their work and completely focused on their work projects.
- Only 41 percent felt that people in their organization volunteer for new projects.
- Older respondents were the only age group that placed relationship with their immediate supervisor as the top factor contributing to their engagement.
About the Society for Human Resource Management The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing about 260,000 members in more than 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China and India. Visit SHRM Online at www.shrm.org and follow us on Twitter @SHRMPress. SOURCE Society for Human Resource Management
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV