Deadline To Register To Vote In November Election Is Oct. 9
HARRISBURG, Pa., Oct. 3 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tuesday, Oct. 9 is the final day to register to vote in the Nov. 6 general election, Secretary of the Commonwealth Carol Aichele said today.
Voters will cast ballots for candidates for President and Vice-President of the United States, U.S. Senate, Attorney General, Auditor General, Treasurer, U.S. Congress, as well as state Senate and state House of Representatives.
"I urge all eligible Pennsylvanians to register and vote in this important election," Aichele said. "Candidates elected this year will make important decisions for the future of our state and our nation, and it's important citizens make their voices heard by casting ballots."Applications from Pennsylvanians registering for the first time, changing their address or changing their party affiliation must be postmarked or delivered to the applicant's county board of elections by the close of business on Tuesday, Oct. 9. Individuals applying to register to vote for the Nov. 6 election must be: A citizen of the United States for at least one month before the election; A resident of Pennsylvania and the election district in which the individual desires to register and vote for at least 30 days before the election; and At least 18 years of age on or before Nov. 6. Residents may apply in person at a county voter registration office; the state departments of Public Welfare or Health; PennDOT photo and driver license centers; Armed Forces recruitment centers; county clerk of orphan's courts or marriage license centers; area agencies on aging; county mental health and mental retardation offices; student disability services offices of the State System of Higher Education; offices of special education in high schools; and Americans with Disabilities Act-mandated complimentary paratransit providers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV