Goldman Sachs (GS) appears to be once again the darling of bank analysts, with the stock getting several bullish recommendations in recent weeks.
Shares of the investment bank heavyweight are up 30% year-to-date.
"A few solid quarters in a row seem likely and could help GS shares re-rate higher", writes O'Connor.Goldman's third quarter topline should get a lift from higher fixed income trading revenues and a rebound in the performance of its investment and lending division thanks to higher market levels. Meanwhile in the fourth quarter, the bank is likely to benefit from compensation expense reversals, while the first quarter of 2013 will be seasonally strong.. O'Connor expects Goldman to report an earnings per share of $2.70 excuding a DVA hit of 60 cents. Including DVA, EPS is expected to be $2.10 versus $2.08 consensus. Goldman reports October 16.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV