Goldman Sachs (GS) appears to be once again the darling of bank analysts, with the stock getting several bullish recommendations in recent weeks.
Shares of the investment bank heavyweight are up 30% year-to-date.
"A few solid quarters in a row seem likely and could help GS shares re-rate higher", writes O'Connor.Goldman's third quarter topline should get a lift from higher fixed income trading revenues and a rebound in the performance of its investment and lending division thanks to higher market levels. Meanwhile in the fourth quarter, the bank is likely to benefit from compensation expense reversals, while the first quarter of 2013 will be seasonally strong.. O'Connor expects Goldman to report an earnings per share of $2.70 excuding a DVA hit of 60 cents. Including DVA, EPS is expected to be $2.10 versus $2.08 consensus. Goldman reports October 16.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV