Netflix (NFLX) is an Internet subscription service streaming television shows and movies. This stock is trading up 7.2% at $60.58 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 6.6 millionAverage Volume: 5.1 million Volume % Change: 114% Shares of NFLX are soaring today after Citigroup analyst Mark Maheny said the company's valuation is highly reasonable and he keeps his buy rating and price target of $120 on the stock. >>5 Big Stock Charts You've Got to See to Believe From a technical perspective, NFLX is ripping higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $58.72 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing NFLX within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once NFLX manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance at $59.72 to $61.42 with high volume. At last check, NFLX has hit an intraday high of $61.65 and volume is well above its three-month average of 5,061,490 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then NFLX will have a great chance to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance level at $66.65 a share. Any high-volume move over $66.65 will then give NFLX a chance to get into a gap from back in July that started near $80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV