Bio-Reference Laboratories (BRLI) is engaged in providing laboratory testing services to customers in the greater New York metropolitan area, as well as to customers in other states. This stock is trading up 3.3% at $30.80 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 281,000Average Volume: 234,122 Volume % Change: 160% From a technical perspective, BRLI is moving notably higher here with above-average volume. This move has started to push BRLI into breakout territory, since it's taken out some past overhead resistance at $30.15. At last check, BRLI has hit an intraday high of $31 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 234,122 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in BRLI as long as it's trending above today's low of $29.84, and then once it sustains a move or close above $30.15 with volume that's near or above 234,122 shares. If we continue to see BRLI maintain that trend, then this stock has an excellent chance to tag $35 to $40 in the near future. Keep in mind that BRLI is now trading in new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish technical price action. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV