Alere (ALR) is engaged in developing capabilities in near-patient diagnosis, monitoring and health management. This stock is trading up 8.1% at $20.97 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.7 millionAverage Volume: 558,288 Volume % Change: 422% >>3 Health Care Stocks Under $10 Making Big Moves From a technical perspective, ALR is bouncing hard here right off some near-term support at $19.15 with massive upside volume. This move is quickly pushing ALR within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once ALR takes out its 200-day moving average of $21.53, and then once it clears some more past resistance at $22.68 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ALR as long as it's trending above $19.15, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 558,288 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for ALR to possibly re-test or take out its next major overhead resistance level at $26.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV