BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In the fall, as you put away your bikini and start to layer on thick sweaters, it can be tempting to give in to cravings. For those looking to manage their weight and outsmart hunger *, Kellogg's® Special K® is introducing newly reformulated Special K Protein Plus ® cereal and is adding delicious new flavors to their line of Protein bars and shakes. Special K Protein's winning combination of 10 grams of protein and up to 5 grams of fiber** combine to create the Protein Effect as part of a high protein diet – offering the willpower needed to help stay on track, so hunger won't come between you and your weight management goals *.
"Adding protein and fiber to your diet is a great way to help stay on track. Unlike the typical protein options like Greek yogurt or eggs, Special K Protein has the added benefit of fiber," says Sylvia Melendez-Klinger, registered dietitian. "And people may be surprised to find out that Special K Protein also offers tasty meal bars and shakes to take with you on the go to help avoid those tempting cupcakes at the office."Sylvia shares tips on how to help stay full longer and help stick with your weight management goals:
- TIP 1. Get those Greens. Filling up on low-calorie, nutrient-dense vegetables is a great way to incorporate fiber, vitamins and minerals into your diet – and help keep you satisfied at the same time.
- TIP 2. Protein Packs a Punch. Choosing foods with protein and fiber will help you satisfy hunger longer*. I like to take Special K Protein bars and shakes with me or stash Special K Protein Plus cereal at the office so I am always prepared, no matter what I'm in the mood for.
- TIP 3. Pump up the Produce. Adding seasonal produce to each meal is another flavorful and delicious way watch the scale. While summer may be best known for bringing fresh produce options to the table, fall ushers in a new group of colorful and nutrient-dense varieties of its own, like apples, yams, beets, pumpkins and carrots. Burn some extra calories by walking to your local farmer's market to buy fresh, local options.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts