Whitman highlighted HP's key strengths during her presentation. "We're number one and number two in each of our key markets," she said. "We're well positioned in key areas like cloud, security and information optimization - we also have a talented, committed, and, I would say, resilient, workforce."
The CEO explained that her team is working hard to streamline the company's product lines, such as its mind-boggling 2,000 laser printers. "In every business, we're going to focus on a smaller number of offerings," she noted.
She also explained that HP lacked a "compelling" sales management or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system when she joined, but is deploying technology from Salesforce.com (CRM) to resolve this problem. Similarly, the tech giant is moving to a Workday system to revamp its HR processes.
On the product side, the CEO said that she's particularly excited about HP's networking and storage assets, pointing, in particular, to the company's recent moves around Software-Defined Networking (SDN). An emerging tech trend, SDN refers to a set of techniques for managing network traffic flows through software."Today, there's a new way of managing your network called Sofware Defined Networking," said Whitman. "We have the most comprehensive offering in the SDN marketplace." The HP chief also highlighted the appeal of the firm's 3Par storage technology and its StoreOnce software and promised a complete refresh of HP's multifunction printer lineup. -- Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV