Another stock that insiders are finding attractive here is biotechnology and drugs player Horizon Pharma (HZNP), which develops and commercializes medicines to target unmet therapeutic needs in arthritis, pain and inflammatory diseases. Insiders are sniffing out some deep value here, since shares are down by a whopping 60% in the last three months. MP/>Horizon Pharma has a market cap of $107.44 million and an enterprise value of $100.17 million. This stock trades at a fair valuation, with a price-to-sales of 11.07 and a price-to-book of 1.94. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -22.7%, and for next year it's pegged at 48.3%. This is barley a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $63.46 million and its total debt is $51.12 million.
A director just bought 575,356 shares, or about $2 million worth of stock, at $3.49 per share.From a technical perspective, HZNP is currently trading below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock has been destroyed by the sellers during the last three months, with shares plunging from its high of $8.72 to its recent low of $3.15 a share. During that sharp move lower, shares of HZNP have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. This stock also recently gapped down from around $4.50 to $3.50 a share with heavy volume. If you're in the bull camp on HZNP, then I would only look for long-biased trades if it can manage to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $3.53 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 1.3 million shares. If we get that breakout soon, then HZNP could re-fill that gap from September that started near $4.50 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV