NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Luxfer Holdings PLC's U.S. shares jumped in their first hours of trading Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
The initial public stock offering of the chemicals and metals maker, which is based in the U.K., priced 8 million shares at $10 each. The company and its shareholders raised $80 million.
The company had predicted that shares would price higher, from $12 to $14 each.
Of the shares sold, 6.4 million were issued by the company. The rest were sold by early investors.U.S. shares, trading under the symbol "LXFR," added $1.70, or 17 percent, to $11.70 in midday trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV