A US Airways spokesman said the carrier would have no comment until Judge Silver issues her final ruling.
According to a former America West pilot who attended the hearing and asked not to be named, attorneys for the three parties presented these arguments: The US Airways attorney initially said the judge's proposed ruling does not sufficiently protect the carrier. The America West pilots' attorney said that if a new contract includes the date-of-hire seniority list espoused by USAPA, west pilots would consider that to be an indication of collusion between the carrier and USAPA. The USAPA attorney said the union takes seriously its duty to represent pilots from both groups.
-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C.>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV