- proprietary connectors that lock people into Apple peripherals or third-party ones on which Apple gets a royalty (we would not have had this latest connector fiasco if the iPhone 5 was on industry standard micro-USB that is much more convenient for customers who can share chargers, same points of connectivity, etc.);
- leaving basic features out of phone launches to capture annual upgrades to the next phone (only 2 megpixel camera, no video recording, late with 4G/LTE by a year, etc.), generating excess revenue and margin from a much higher-than-average turnover rate; and
- other customer inconveniences that give Apple more margin -- no Nand card slot, can't change battery.
Kass: More Bruises on Apple
Oct 03, 2012 | 12:30 PM EDT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV