MONTREAL, Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - CN (TSX: CNR) (NYSE: CNI) announced today continued growth in its commercial presence in Southeast Asia with the appointment of Ajay Kumar Singh as its agent in Mumbai, India.
Singh will work closely with CN customers and container shipping lines to focus on new import/export business opportunities to Canada and the U.S. Midwest via the ports of Halifax and Montreal. Singh has in-depth knowledge of Southeast Asian markets and has worked as chief marketing officer of ocean-front terminals in India and Eastern Canada.
Jean-Jacques Ruest, CN executive vice-president and chief marketing officer, said: "We are always looking for innovative ways to help improve the effectiveness of our customers' supply chains through greater understanding of customer needs and market dynamics.
"Ajay will be instrumental in indentifying and implementing critical links in CN's supply chain services between Southeast Asian markets, central Canada and the U.S. Midwest."In addition to the new Mumbai agency office, CN earlier this year established an agency in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and has longstanding representation in Hong Kong, Taipei, Seoul and Tokyo. CN also has people in Beijing, Tianjin, Qingdao, Shenzhen, and Shanghai, where Lonny Kubas, CN's general manager, Asia, is based. CN - Canadian National Railway Company and its operating railway subsidiaries - spans Canada and mid-America, from the Atlantic and Pacific oceans to the Gulf of Mexico, serving the ports of Vancouver, Prince Rupert, B.C., Montreal, Halifax, New Orleans, and Mobile, Ala., and the key metropolitan areas of Toronto, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Duluth, Minn./ Superior, Wis., Green Bay, Wis., Minneapolis/St. Paul, Memphis, and Jackson, Miss., with connections to all points in North America. For more information on CN, visit the company's website at www.cn.ca. SOURCE CN
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV