Assuming no supply constraints (more on that below) implies worldwide sales of $326 million in 2015.
Finally, let's calculate fair value.
Given the excitement surrounding eteplirsen and the potential expansion of Sarepta's exon-skipping technology to other patient subgroups, I'm going to apply a seven multiple to our sales estimate and estimate an 85% chance of FDA approval. Combining these variables and discounting the "future value" of eteplirsen -- I use a 12% discount rate -- yields a present value of $1.4 billion, or $50 per share.
Despite today's success, Sarepta isn't home free. As I have noted before, manufacturing scale-up is a significant challenge and will likely be the rate-limiting step for approval. Manufacturing is exceedingly complex and requires lots of expertise, which Sarepta doesn't currently have in-house. The company will almost certainly receive multiple commercial partnering or acquisition offers from large pharmaceutical and biotech companies over the next few months. Absent an outright acquisition and assuming favorable economic terms -- co-promotion rights would make sense in a partnership -- I would advise Sarepta to ally itself with a more experienced partner to ensure that eteplirsen reaches patients in adequate supply as soon as possible.Sadeghi has no position in Sarepta.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV