Updated from 9:47 a.m. EST to provide additional comments regarding prospects for Apple's stock in the tenth and twelfth paragraphs.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you needed anymore proof that an iPad Mini exists, you're about to get it.
Apple (AAPL) is reportedly getting ready to announce its iPad Mini soon. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Apple's Asian suppliers have started production on the 7.85-inch tablet, which is rumored to be announced later this month. Apple may send out invitations as soon as Oct. 10 for the event, with the actual announcement coming Oct. 17.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV