Stocks Hold Gains as Strong Data Offsets HP
Discount retailer Family Dollar Stores (FDO) posted fourth-quarter earnings of 75 cents a share on revenue of $2.36 billion, in line with analysts' estimates, and provided an encouraging fiscal 2013 outlook. Shares popped 3.9%.
Monsanto (MON) reported an as-expected fourth-quarter loss amid weaker corn seed sales and provided disappointing fiscal 2013 earnings guidance. Shares fell 2.2%.
Xyratex (XRTX) shares plunged 16.7% after the data storage technology provider posted a fiscal third-quarter earnings decline of 20% amid a significant fall in the company's enterprise storage sales.
Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV