SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ORACLE OPENWORLD 2012 --
- EMC, in collaboration with Emulex and Oracle, delivers the industry's first integrated, end-to-end Data Integrity solution based on the T10 Protection Information (T10 PI) industry standard.
- EMC E-Lab™ certified solution helps ensure complete data integrity—from the application through the enterprise storage array for all I/O operations.
At Oracle OpenWorld 2012, EMC Corporation, (NYSE: EMC), working with Emulex Corporation and Oracle, today announced the industry's first integrated, end-to-end Data Integrity solution to offer customers even more protection from silent data corruption in mission critical environments. The EMC ® E-Lab certified solution is the industry's only offering that meets the stringent requirements of the T10 Protection Information (T10 PI) industry standard for end-to-end data integrity validation.
Silent data corruption can go unnoticed and recovery is difficult and costly, or even impossible. The EMC, Emulex and Oracle data integrity solution protects mission critical application information from corruption, eliminating potential costs and downtime. This is made possible based on tight integration with the T10 PI standard (previously known as Data Integrity Field or DIF), which prevents silent data corruption, helping ensure that incomplete and incorrect data cannot overwrite good data, providing an extra tool to help companies comply with data integrity mandates. With today's announcement, EMC, Emulex and Oracle are providing data integrity capabilities to customers at all critical layers in their infrastructure:
- Within the Application and/or Database: Oracle has taken the lead in defining and developing technologies to prevent silent data corruption and safeguard data integrity. Through Oracle Linux with the default Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, many features that are relevant to Linux running in the data center, including data integrity features, protect information in the application.
- Within the Storage Area Network (SAN): Emulex technology ensures the integrity and regulatory compliance of user data as it is transferred from the application through the SAN. Emulex has implemented the T10 PI standard on its Emulex LightPulse ® 8Gb Fibre Channel (8GFC) and 16GFC Host Bus Adapters (HBAs) with its BlockGuard™ data integrity offload technology for enhanced data protection. Emulex BlockGuard is supported today with Oracle Linux via the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel and EMC VMAX.
- Within the Disk Drive: As the industry leader in enterprise data protection and availability, EMC VMAX is the first enterprise storage array to join together with Emulex and Oracle in implementing end-to-end T10 PI. The data protection information generated by Oracle Automatic Storage Management will be validated by the Oracle Linux operating system, then passed on to the Emulex HBA, and the EMC VMAX ® array, thus enabling protection throughout the I/O stack.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV