For the first time, LinkedIn users will be able to post messages and share articles and photos and have them seen by their followers. LinkedIn is starting the new feature by pre-selecting 150 users who can be followed, including President Barack Obama, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, Virgin Group's Richard Branson and Huffington Post President Arianna Huffington. The company said eventually all users will be able to have others follow them.
The move is being made amid increasing competition from the likes of Facebook (FB). LinkedIn, which makes its money from advertising revenue and premium subscriptions, hopes the new feature will lure users into spending more time on the site.
Lenovo is trending as the company is opening its first PC production plant in the United States. The PC maker is opening the plant in Whitsett, N.C., where Think-branded laptops, desktop PCs, tablets and servers will be manufactured. The products will be aimed at U.S. consumers. The company said the move will create 115 jobs and expects operations to begin in 2013. Over the past two years, Lenovo has also opened plants in China and Brazil.
Nokia (NOK) is another popular search. The handset maker is considering selling its headquarters in Espoo, Finland, as part of a strategy to unload non-core parts. According to a Finnish newspaper, the building is valued at €200-300 million ($259-388 million). Nokia Chief Financial Officer Timo Ihamuotila confirmed the company is considering the sale of the building, although he said Nokia has no plans to move its head offices elsewhere.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV