With the new Quicken® 2013, from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU), people can get their financial lives on track and know exactly where they stand with their money at home and now, on-the-go. Quicken 2013 introduces its first companion apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android smartphones and tablets, and the Kindle Fire, helping people track and manage their financial lives when they want throughout the day.
People new to money management and longtime Quicken fans alike will appreciate the simple path to a clear financial picture found with Quicken 2013. The product offers budget tools and details on spending to give Quicken users peace of mind. In addition, new SMS and email alerts about unusual spending, low balances, upcoming bills and other helpful actions will help keep them on track.
“Being able to manage your money wherever and whenever you want leads to better decisions,” said Aaron Patzer, vice president of product innovation at Intuit. “Financial decisions pop up throughout the day, so giving our users a mobile snapshot of their spending, budgets and account balances is the best way to help them get the most out of Quicken – but more important, from their money.”
With immediate access to checking, savings and credit card account information, Quicken for mobile automatically syncs information across devices. Users can manually enter transactions made on the road as they spend money, saving time and keeping accounts up to date. Users can also split transactions to align precisely with budgets and goals, and can edit budgets through the mobile applications to keep spending information accurate.Simplifying Financial Tracking and Budgeting Designed to deliver a true, actionable picture of where they stand with their money, Quicken helps users get the most out of every dollar. It lets people:
- Get the complete picture: Organize all financial information in one place and see where the money goes. Simple setup automatically downloads and categorizes spending, eliminating time-consuming work. A streamlined process automatically imports important loan data including balances, rates and projected payoff dates, making it easier to keep on top of outstanding loans.
- Make smart on-the-go decisions: Get immediate mobile access to checking, savings and credit card account information and view where you stand against your budget on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android mobile apps.
- Get timely alerts: Receive updated account activity and warnings of unusual activity provides via email or SMS messages.
- Budget more accurately: Create a full-year plan by budgeting for variable monthly or seasonal expenses. People can set budgets that account for both monthly costs, such as cable or dining out, and seasonal or annual spending, such as car insurance or holiday shopping. New rollover-enabled budgeting lets users move money left over into the next month.
- Create savings goals: Achieve specific financial goals using the “Your Savings Goal” page and debt reduction tool. These track progress toward specific targets, such as taking a vacation or building an emergency fund. An easy-to-read chart shows a list of all contributions made to that goal.
- Quicken Starter Edition ($39.99): For consumers who want a simple way to organize their finances and see where they are spending.
- Quicken Deluxe ($69.99): For those who want to save more; helps create custom budget, savings and debt reduction plans.
- Quicken Premier ($99.99): For those who manage investments and want to plan ahead for tax time.
- Quicken Home & Business ($109.99): For people who want to manage their business and personal finances in the same place.
- Quicken Rental Property Manager ($159.99): For rental property owners looking to manage their personal and rental property finances in one place.