CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that its CA Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions will be featured in two pilot awards for the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace (NSTIC) program. The program will create an " identity ecosystem" to improve the privacy, security and convenience of sensitive online transactions.
"Online transactions are part of our everyday lives, whether it’s retail, banking or government services,” said Mike Denning, general manager, Security, CA Technologies. “We are proud to be a part of these two pilot programs to help improve the overall safety of the Internet. Protecting and verifying identities is fundamental to cyber security. By working together, the public and private sectors can help ensure confidence in the safety of online transactions and continued innovation.”
The NSTIC program intends to create an Identity Ecosystem - that improves upon the passwords currently used to log-in online. It will include a vibrant marketplace that allows people to choose among multiple identity providers - both private and public - that issue trusted credentials that prove identity. This user-centric online environment will offer a set of technologies, policies, and agreed upon standards that securely supports transactions ranging from anonymous to fully authenticated and from low to high value.
CA Technologies IAM solutions featured in The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) and Criterion Systems pilot awards include:
- CA SiteMinder: a Web access management solution which provides user authentication, policy-based authorization, single sign-on, identity federation, and auditing for web applications. CA SiteMinder is designed to accept standardized credentials (including OpenID and SAML) for user authentication and authorization. It currently helps secure web applications for organizations in a variety of industries including finance, government, health care, manufacturing and more.
- CA AuthMinder: provides a low footprint, cost-effective option for strong authentication with centralized policy management. CA authentication and fraud prevention technology underlies the Verified by Visa® and MasterCard® SecureCode programs, which provide millions of consumers with an additional layer of security for online transactions.
- CA RiskMinder: supports risk-based authentication by detecting changes in contextual factors which might indicate fraudulent activity. This can help relying parties (Web site or other entity) understand when a credential has been compromised or when additional authentication may be required in order to establish a trustworthy identity.
|Social Media Page|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV