In order to survive a blind date, one has to be mentally ready for all scenarios. Remember that, while you may be subliminally bathing in the chirpings of uber-pumpers, let your facts be the guide -- and be prepared to change when the facts begin to evolve. Or, if you are super long-term, names such as General Electric (GE) look to have pricing power in a world ridden with risks.
Your Daily Learning Lesson
I received a great question Tuesday -- someone inquired whether the bad sales and earnings misses from Acuity Brands (AYI) were causes for worry on Home Depot (HD) and Lowe's (LOW). I love this individual's dot-connecting. Ultimately, I say no -- it may actually be a positive sign that a name such as Home Depot has continued managing its business to gross-margin expansion, as opposed to becoming too enamored on the housing recovery (If it orders a ton of inventory that doesn't sell, that raises the risk). In a duel with Lowe's, Home Depot remains my pick for multiple reasons.
Prez Debate Fun
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV